OAMARU, ITCHEN/TEE ST
Now upstairs the home of its owner the North Otago Club, and hosting downstairs the Cucina Restaurant and Tees St Café, this building was originally designed by Forrester and Lemon for Hood and Shennan’s Drapery in 1874. In 1886 it was remodelled for the AMP Society. The marble Amicus statue at roofline is thought to be the only original AMP insignia remaining in situ in New Zealand.
Corner Itchen and Tees Streets