OAMARU, THAMES STREET
Arguably the finest building by the prolific local architectural partnership of Forrester and Lemon, the Ōamaru courthouse was built 1882-3, superceding an earlier courthouse to the south. The well – proportioned classical design reflects the influence of Palladian architecture. Supreme Court sittings were held here until 1931. The building is still used for regular District Court sittings.
88 Thames Street