OAMARU, THAMES STREET
Arguably the finest building by the prolific local architectural partnership of Forrester and Lemon, the Ōamaru Courthouse was built in 1882-3, superceding an earlier courthouse to the south. The well- proportioned classical design reflects the influence of Palladian architecture. Supreme Court sittings were held here until 1931. The building is still used for regular District Court sittings.
The Ōamaru’s Courthouse is a Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga Category 1 Historic Place.
88 Thames Street