OAMARU, THAMES STREET
Now the home of the Waitaki District Council, this elegant essay in limestone was designed by Forrester and Lemon in 1883, but without its clocktower. It was Thomas Forrester’s son John, who saw to the addition of the 28 metre high tower in 1903. The clock was donated by St John Buckley, as a memorial to his uncle, the Hon. John McLean.
The Ōamaru former Chief Post Office is a Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga Category 1 Historic Place.
20 Thames Street