OAMARU, REED ST
This magnificent Catholic church building was designed by Dunedin architect F.W. Petre, well-known throughout the South Island for his church architecture. Like a number of large churches, St Patrick’s was built in various stages, the first in 1893 and the last in 1918. The interior with its coffered Renaissance ceiling and great dome over the sanctuary is well worth inspection.