Teschemakers Resort is set on 70 acres in beautiful Waitaki. Originally part of the Taipo Estate purchased in 1860 by William Teschemaker, an English gentleman of Dutch descent, and named Teschemakers (Old Dutch for table-maker). In 1862, the homestead was built of Oamaru stone and expansive lawns and lush plantations of English trees were established.
Steeped in history, Teschemakers has served as a Catholic boarding school for girls and a conference and retreat centre for healing, prayer, contemplation, study and reflection.
Physical address :
296 Teschemakers road 9492